Skip to main content

Anything but deceit…

Anything but deceit…

I have forgotten you; Well almost. But, your memories, when they come, they sweep me unexpectedly like a storm. Events swirl in my mind with a flurry like the leaves that whirl with the force of the wind.

Hurriedly I shut all the windows of my mind just as I would have done at home at the onset of a storm. The mind gets hazy and brown. The heart beats faster and face gets flushed red with rush of blood. Anger, hatred and disgust fill my thoughts. Just as rains succeed the summer dust storms, the storm within calms down as tears flow.

Still, after all these years? Yes.

How I wish I had lost you to anything but this. I ask myself questions. What if you’d gone off to some distant land, some road that was calling out your name, and a forbidden country from which no return was ever possible? Or if you had died, in a plane crash or in a road accident or just plain naturally? Then you’d be the man I thought you were and I, the woman that I want to be.

I would have cried. Known that very exquisite and special pain that the loss of a loved one brings about. Your touch would have nestled in my body forever…. But then I would have moved on, with treasured memories of all the good times and endless jokes and of all the days and some nights when we were together, even memories of those endless waits. I remember one of such endless waits of mine at the bus stop with a bunch of flowers for you when a cow came and munched off the flowers and how you laughed and made fun of me, while still accepting the flowerless bunch. My image of who you were would have remained intact but alas you are still around somewhere and still alive…

Oh and what a cheat, what a liar, what a slimy bastard you turned out to be. My memories of you are like dark sooty charcoal pieces. Memories when they do flood my mind are like dark angry sea waves. All that my heart desires then is to drown you under these angry waves, and then to see you gasp for breath, trying to save yourself from the clutches of sure death. How I wish I had lost you to anything that destiny would bring than to deceit.

Shubhra
19th April 2007

Comments

Shelly Jain said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly Jain said…
Shubhra, such clear and wonderful writing, this one! I loved it! And the way you have described some of the emotions....so honest and wrapped up in such beautiful words.

Deceit is a stupid man's weapon who lacks courage. I am glad he did not die or move away....and the protagonist of your story did not waste away tears on a man who did not deserve it in the first place.
Anonymous said…
Your writing is beautiful and honest and clear, and oh! how I can relate to your agony and anger. The dance with love and deception is both exhilarating and painful, and you've captured that well.

xx, vange
Puneri said…
Your writing is simply great. Great writing is born out of true feelings and real suffering.
Shubhra said…
Thanks Shelly, Vange and Madhu. Yr feedback is very reassuring :)
Akansha Pradhan said…
pain is a powerful emotion..and when chanelled can create an awesome power. I hope you get what I mean.
Anonymous said…
Would have liked to put down something equally poetic and deep. But then am short of time so here goes....

Why does the heart hurt
Why all the pain.
Life is a journey
with all to gain

We come in
With lessons to learn
So experiences good and bad
Should not let ones heart turn

So move on
remove the thorn
Let not your heart
between two worlds be torn
Unknown said…
Shubhra u hv written the real facts of life which cannot be felt by everyone but u make me feel so good that I am very much impressed with you and can't explain what else to say. Ur space had touched my haert
Shubhra said…
Thanks Vikas. It would be nice if you share your profile with me.

cheers
shubhra
Wishing you lots of smiles.

The pain brings courage of rejecting not only ideas but individuals as well.

Be courageous, forever.

Popular posts from this blog

You chose to be an artist...

More rejection Little acceptance More failures Few successes Years of endless hours alone Only some in the public eye...  Countless fiascos Few eureka moments Lots of black and grey Few Reds and yellows Many not-nows Few red dots with wows Many will say, awesome  You are an artist Few will understand,  why...  More times with no funds  Few with surplus More times of being in red Few in blue Many years of waiting Before the fame, if ever No retirement, no pension Ideas constantly brewing You chose to be an artist Unparallel joy To forget the pain Marks left  To go on after one has gone Issues immortalised Moments frozen  Emotions etched  Anger splashed Walls adorned Metro stations beautified  Homes brightened  Souls replenished Awards won Works validated  Articles written People inspired You chose to be an artist  A life never easy  Like a trek up the hill Incredible view; deep valley Two sides of the same coin A mixed bag my dear Anxiety and fear Endless thrill Satiated soul Artist... 

Rebel Tree

You were the 1st thing I noticed  When the car climbed up to clifton Standing tall  Branches twisted and entangled  Like the present day human relations All near you green and straight You were dancing to your own tune... I named you the rebel tree. You became my muse... I captured you  With the first rays of the morning sun  Mellow and yellow And with the last rays You a silhouette With the rising moon And the dramatic clouds I captured you just like that... You were the one where the barbets Perched and howled, much to Dudo's anguish You were the one where the birds rested before they flew off to the next and the next tree You were the one the langoors escaped to When Kishan and Sanju chased them You were also the one where the flying squirrel Took a pit stop before landing on the English oak You saw a lot, most of which I am not even aware But you saw me fall in love with you and the Ash tree and the English Oak and the Kalchunia a

A Single Woman

Men, whatever their status married or single whatever their age old or young want her Women, the married ones envy her space her freedom the younger ones idolize her success her independence Parents, worry and silently hope Bosses, prefer her to her married counterparts Friends, count on her for her availability They see success freedom independence space they see it all yet they don't see much most wanted and yet she feels so unwanted. Goes back at night to an empty house an empty bed sleeps cuddled with her teddy bear waking up alone to another day gets ready puts on her best dress and that dab of mascara with the mask on she is now ready to face life again to conquer a few more hearts to be wanted again Shubhra 17th March, 2007 edited on July 3, 2007